Social media advertising, or social media targeting, are advertisements served to users on social media platforms.
Social networks utilize user information to serve highly relevant advertisements based on interactions within a specific platform.
In many instances, when the target market aligns with the user demographics of a social platform, social advertising can provide huge increases in conversions and sales with a lower cost of acquisition.
Benefits Of Advertising Through Social Media Include:
- Grow your sales and your fanbase.
- Use customer-generated content for ads (which perform better, too!).
- Better target net-new and returning customers (so you waste less money).
- One of the fascinating things about social advertising is that there is virtually no limit to your ability to scale
The Different Types Of Social Media Platforms To Serve Ads:
- Social networking (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+).
- Microblogging (Twitter, Tumblr).
- Photo sharing (Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest).
- Video sharing (YouTube, Facebook Live, Periscope, Vimeo)
Deciding Factors For you To ChooseThe Social Media Network :
Be seen where everyone is watching!
- Where your target customers are most concentrated (usage, groups, etc.)
- Where your target customers are most accessible (preferred media, ad targeting, etc.)
- Where your target customers most actively engage with ads (testing required)
Finding success on social media requires you to thread several needles together somewhat seamlessly.
How Do Ads Work On Social Media?
For example, Facebook’s (and Instagram’s) ad platform allows you to target specific users based on parameters such as age, demographics, and interests.
You can also target “lookalike” audiences based on your business’ email list or run campaigns solely for people who’ve visited your website before.
Top Social Media Sites to Consider for Your Brand:
The list of top social media sites is compiled by Statista: Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Messenger, WeChat, Instagram, QQ, Tumblr, Qzone, Tik Tok, Sina Weibo, Twitter, Reddit, Baidu Tieba, LinkedIn, Viber, Snapchat, Pinterest, Line, Telegram, Medium.
Your business’s online reputation is more important than ever: Reasons being,
- Your online presence is everywhere- Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google reviews, Yelp, Quora, LinkedIn — the list goes on.
- Digital platforms are powerful tools in driving customer engagement. By taking control of how your business appears on digital platforms, you are protecting your overall credibility and building a solid customer following.
- Customer reviews serve as ranking factors
- Your target customers read online reviews
- Online shoppers value relevant brand feedback
- Online reviews build brand credibility
- The majority of your prospects are active online users
- Customers appreciate review responses
Let the whole world know about your small business: How?
Social ads on Facebook:
Facebook is the world’s largest social media platform, with one of the largest user bases (especially when you add in WhatsApp, Instagram, and Messenger.) their advertising platform is solid and reliable. Aside from having an enormous potential audience, it has the advantage of being extremely visual and offering multiple and detailed segmentation options, from demographics to lookalike audiences.
If you’re new to advertising on Instagram or even Facebook, here’s how to get started.
- Create a Business Page & Profile. You must have a Facebook Page to run ads and create a free Business Profile on Instagram.
- Set Up Ad. Select your ad objective, target audience, and ad format within Ads Manager.
- Determine Budget.
How Do Instagram and Facebook ads work?
Facebook and Instagram campaigns can use the same photos or video across both platforms or are unique creative for each.
When you’re ready to use Facebook and Instagram ads together, either add Instagram to an existing campaign by editing the ad set’s Placement settings or set up a new campaign across both platforms.
But how much does it cost to advertise on Facebook? And is the cost of Facebook ads worth it for your business?
- A Facebook ads expert can only give you a recommended budget, but not the true cost of running the ads. That is because Facebook ads pricing differs based on several factors – and because of the Facebook ad auction feature.
- Facebook still holds the largest number of users among all social platforms. The social media giant reported 1.82 billion daily active users and 2.74 billion monthly active users in October 2020, which corresponds to a 12 percent increase year over year.
- Its massive population ensures that you’ll find your target audience on the platform.
- It has low budget thresholds for Facebook advertising cost in terms of cost-per-click (Facebook ads CPC) and cost-per-1000-impressions (Facebook ads CPM), among other factors, that make it more cost-effective for small businesses as well as large enterprises to scale.
- It offers superior targeting options, which allows any Facebook advertising company or Facebook advertising expert to get granular with who they want to see their ads.
- It owns Instagram, making it easier for a Facebook ads company to reach younger audiences through cross-channel marketing using the Facebook for Business platform.
- Advertising only works if you get in front of your audience. With Facebook being the undisputed leader in social media, it’s easy to say that your audience, no matter how niche, is on Facebook.
Inside the Facebook Business Suite lies an important tool that manages your Facebook ads: the aptly named Facebook Ads Manager. Through the Ads Manager tool, you can:
- Create and set up Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns
- Create and manage ads and ad sets
- Manage your Facebook ads budget by minimizing Facebook ads CPC and Facebook ads CPM
- Optimize Facebook ads and ad campaigns through better targeting
- A/B test Facebook ad campaigns
- View insights on campaign performance
Types of Facebook Ads:
From inside the Facebook Ads Manager app, you can build different types of ads depending on your campaign objectives. Your choices include:
- Image ads
- Video ads
- Video poll
- Instant experience
- Slideshow ads
- Lead ads
- Dynamic ads
- Messenger ads
- Stories ads
- Playable ads
Advertising your business on Facebook is one of the best ways to establish your brand as an industry leader. Using Facebook’s ad platform, you don’t have to be a Facebook advertising agency to gain access to a wider audience.
You can use special tools Facebook offers, to maximize ad placement by optimizing your bidding strategy. But setting an optimized budget can be complicated. Without the proper knowledge and expertise, you might end up
- With an underperforming ad,
- Overspend on your campaign or
- End up spending way too much with little results.
So work with an experienced Facebook ads agency, to help you build optimized campaigns.
Social Ads on Instagram:
Instagram, as an extremely visual social media, users are inclined to consume a large quantity and variety of posts.
To take maximum advantage of Instagram’s potential, find examples of Instagram advertising that you would like to emulate and focus on optimizing your images and videos.
Why You Should Use Instagram Ads:
There are many reasons why your business should take advantage of Instagram ads. Here are some convincing stats from the latest Hootsuite blog:
- More than a billion people use Instagram for business every month.
- Instagram reaches over 140 million users in the United States alone.
- An average Instagram user spends 30 minutes a day on the app.
- More than 80 percent of people use Instagram to look for products, brands, or services.
- Ninety percent of Instagram users follow a brand or a business.
- Four million businesses use Instagram Story ads every month.
- No matter what goal you have, from growing your followers to attracting new leads, Instagram ads can bring you faster, more accurate results.
How much are Instagram ads for a business like yours?
- It’s something to consider because the beauty of Instagram ads is that any business owner can run a campaign.
- The process is fairly straightforward, and you can set the budget as low or as high as you want. you can then allot an amount according to your budget.
- When setting up Instagram ads, you have the option to set a daily budget, which ensures you stick to your budget and avoid paying more.
- No matter how much Instagram ads cost, you can always set your budget with a fixed amount.
Don’t Miss These Special Features On Instagram:
- People who have an active profile on Instagram don’t take very long to find your businesses.
- They just have to browse through the content your existing customers post using hashtags.
- This feature allows them to interact with one another in a manner not possible on other sites. In the process, they come to know what you’re trying to sell to the public.
- Some of them may even get interested in your products. This enables you to expand your market reach without much effort.
- you can make specific modifications to your content.
- You can even change what you upload on this channel for your target audience.
- This can enable you to get the type of results you’re looking for. You can’t do this on other social media networking platforms. This is something you need to be aware of.
Marketing trend in the video: Can you imagine the number of videos circulating the internet in just one second?
- According to Cisco’s trend predictions, for 2021 it would take a full two years to watch all the videos circulating just in that one moment. Yes, it’s overwhelming, but it’s also impressive, and more importantly a huge opportunity for marketers riding the trend.
- In addition to being immensely popular, a video is also immensely effective in engaging consumers and getting content shared.
- Video is more engaging than text or images because our brains absorb visual information much faster than text—60,000 times faster—and video engages both our visual and auditory senses. Also, a video is more emotional, which leads to more engagement, and it’s easier to remember.
- As marketers, we have to be up-to-date on new marketing trends and take measures accordingly based on data.
According to SearchEngineLand, video helps to improve search engine optimization (SEO) rankings because it indicates to Google that a webpage contains rich, quality content. You can also optimize your video for search by using keywords and including the video transcript.
YouTube marketing: You Too Can Do It!
- YouTube ads can help you connect with people who are interested in what you have to offer.
- From sports fans to fashionistas, and everyone in between, people come to YouTube for the content that they love.
- Believe it or not, YouTube is the third-most visited site in the world, behind only Facebook and Google.
- Every month, people consume 6 billion hours of video on YouTube.
- To have such an enormous audience on a single platform is rare, and it makes sense that YouTube ads have become a preferred marketing technique for many businesses.
- When it comes to advertising, YouTube provides clear benefits that have made it immensely popular.
- Two billion monthly users
- Net U.S. video ad revenues above $5.5 billion a year
- Used by 81 percent of people between the ages of 15 and 25
Social ads on YouTube: Popularity is the reason for using YouTube marketing:
- YouTube is huge and the audience is there. All you need to do is make sure you’re there too, with YouTube marketing.
- Video marketing on YouTube is the closest form to traditional advertising that exists. Make the most of its potential to tell your audience stories they will connect with.
- YouTube as a social media platform boils down to one simple concept: video sharing. YouTube’s free social media video sharing platform allows individuals and businesses to upload and share their videos with the world.
- It is a unique hybrid of social media sites and search engines and draws in viewers for a host of reasons.
- As a search engine, YouTube ranks behind only Google, as users use it to find info on everything from World War II, to how to unclog a toilet.
- In terms of interaction, YouTube is the third-largest social media network.
- If you accept Forbes’ claim that all internet users want either information or social interaction, YouTube manages to provide both.
- Its reach is so encompassing, it engages more people between the ages of 18 and 49 than either broadcast or cable TV. Think about that for a moment, and consider the benefits of advertising on a platform that reaches the widest possible audience
How does advertising on YouTube work?
YouTube offers six types of ads for you to choose from.
Non-Skippable Video Ads:
- A viewer must watch these before they can access a YouTube video. Non-skippable YouTube ads can appear during, before, or after the primary video.
- Since the viewer has no choice but to watch the ad, you wind up paying every time it appears.
- Generally speaking, these types of ads are for companies with larger budgets.
Skippable Video Ads:
- These ads allow the viewer to skip them after 5 seconds.
- Like non-skippable ads, they can appear before, after, or during the primary video.
- With these, you will only get charged if a viewer chooses to watch for at least 30 seconds.
- These YouTube ads are placed to the right of the feature video.
- Display ads can appear anywhere on YouTube, except for the homepage.
- Ideally, your ad will entice a click from the viewer, at which point you get charged for the advertising.
- These transparent ads appear on the bottom of videos watched on laptops or desktop computers.
- They will not appear on mobile devices, and the viewer can close the ad at any time.
- In reality, these ads tend to generate misclicks, in which a viewer attempts to close the ad, but accidentally clicks through to the advertiser’s video.
- These ads only appear in videos longer than 15 minutes.
- The ads appear intermittently throughout, in the same manner as commercials on television.
- Viewers have no choice but to watch them continue their video.
- These showcase content relevant to the primary video, such as featured products.
- The viewer sees a teaser for the card and then can click an icon in the top right corner to browse the sponsored cards.
The biggest change in the ad program is that any channel monetizing its videos from ads can now choose to implement non-skippable ads.
In the past, only a very select few in the channel partner program was able to run non-skippable ads, but now, every channel monetizing from ads can benefit from the option.
Why Are They Making This Change?
- If advertisers are paying more, YouTube (and Google) is making more.
- But indirectly they want creators to be incentivized to create more and better content for their channels.
- So As a YouTube Creator, non-skippable ads mean they are going to make a LOT more money because advertisers will pay more for non-skippable ads. The same goes for creators whose videos host the ads.
- YouTube is adding a tool to let you have control over which of your videos will have non-skippable ads in your dashboard.
- Older video content that has skippable ads will be switched over to non-skippable BY DEFAULT when the change happens (you will get a notification in your channel dashboard) even if you weren’t previously allowed to run non-skippable ads.
- This means that any channel owners/creators will need to dig deep into their videos and make some changes if they want to maintain the same experience.
- YouTube certainly isn’t forcing channels to use non-skippable ads, but rather giving them more opportunity to increase their revenue on the platform and enabling them to create more of the content that their viewers love.
If you’re not yet doing YouTube marketing strategy for your brand, start now!
- Some say hosting your video on YouTube will help because Google owns YouTube, although that’s not certain. Finally, because a video is more likely to be shared, using video can increase your number of backlinks, which improves SEO.
- In addition to the SEO benefits, There’s a package for everyone.
- Results are immediate and measurable.
- It’s a social network. It’s a search engine.
- Interactivity with other social media platforms by Linking your channel to other social media accounts and allows visitors to interact with your content from other platforms.
- This saves a lot of time that’s usually required for setting up different campaigns.
One of the biggest benefits of using YouTube for business – you can reach a worldwide audience even if you only speak one language.
Consumers: Can make or break a brand:
- We are in the age of consumerism and this will most likely intensify in the next few years. Consumers have a say, demand response, and can make or break a brand, ultimately they can compare services and products in one search.
- In other words, consumers ultimately sell your services and products for you if you develop a dialogue and honest relationship.
- Keeping this in mind, you need to begin your customer research.
- Find out what attracts people to certain videos, products, and services, and then decide what is working and what is failing.
- Plan discussion groups, get insight from staff members, develop a survey, ask current customers and potential customers for feedback and suggestions to improve.
Social Media Helping you open windows of opportunity worldwide:
- Maintaining a presence on social media has become inevitable for businesses around the world – that’s how they reach and engage with their customers.
- When used correctly, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram can be powerful social media marketing tools.
The key to your social media marketing plan is to
- Always keep the buzz alive,
- Keep generating new content,
- Keep your audience interested.