What is Amazon SEO?Amazon search engine optimization (Amazon SEO) is the process of optimizing your Amazon product listings to rank more highly in Amazon searches for related keywords. When you optimize your product listing, you make it easier for Amazon to find your listing and show it to shoppers who are looking for something like your product.
What is the name of Amazon SEO?Amazon’s search algorithm is referred to as A9, just because the company of the same name that handles SEO for the company, which is a subsidiary of Amazon, is named A9.
Why Is Amazon SEO Important?Optimizing your product listings can help your products rank higher in search results, so more potential customers can find your listing. More eyes on your listing can lead to an increase in sales.Not doing Amazon SEO could mean that your products receive fewer views. According to a 2019 study by Feedvisor, 45% of Amazon consumers do not advance to the second page of search results. Optimizing your product listings can help you secure a coveted spot on the first page.
SEO tools, defined:If SEO is a science, SEO tools run the lab tests the whole field is based on. They help marketers optimize websites to appeal to search algorithms and measure SEO performance. SEO tools fall into six main categories:
- Technical SEO tools crawl your pages and point to technical errors the human eye would probably miss — like a surprise dip in site health. Most SEOs can’t live without these.
- Keyword research tools help SEOs plan their content. They monitor what people are searching for on search engines, and how often; they also monitor how difficult it is to rank for a given keyword or related keywords.
- Content optimization tools pull data on content length, keyword usage and tone from top-ranking sites, making it simpler to write content that competes in organic search results. Backlink-tracking tools monitor which websites, and how many of them, currently link back to your content — a metric search engines use to measure trust.
- Link-building tools facilitate outreach to other websites and publications that could link back to your content.
- Rank-tracking tools measure your content’s rank across a variety of keywords, and can help you discover keywords you’re ranking for unintentionally.
- Some all-in-one SEO tools bundle all of the above features — but for best results, you’ll need a variety of tools in your toolbox.
How Is Amazon SEO Different From SEO?Traditional SEO and Amazon SEO do share similar principles. Both require some kind of optimization to rank higher. However, there are a few important differences.Unlike Google, Amazon is an e-commerce site; its main goal is to drive sales. Google’s goal is to provide a good search experience so users come back.Amazon ranks products so it can make as many sales as possible in a quick, efficient manner. To do this, it needs to work differently from Google and other search engines. Amazon uses different algorithms than the likes of Google.
What does Amazon SEO involve?
- Amazon keyword optimization
- Amazon product title optimization
- Product image optimization
- Backend keywords
- Pricing strategy
- The Amazon A9 algorithm
What are SEO tools on Amazon?Amazon SEO is the process of optimizing your product listings for A9 — the search engine algorithm for Amazon.com — and Amazon shoppers. Keyword research is one of the most basic (and essential) strategies for Amazon SEO, and it’s often the biggest motivator for using an Amazon SEO tool.
How To Improve SEO on Amazon:Now you know what Amazon’s ranking factors are, you need to optimize for them. Making even a few changes to your product listings can generate some positive movement in your Amazon listing’s rank.You can start optimizing them for Amazon’s ranking factors by:
- Improving your relevancy
- Choosing the right keywords
- Improving your performance metrics
The Big Piece of Amazon SEO – Keyword Optimization :
- It is because If your product listing doesn’t have every keyword in the search query, it probably won’t appear in the search result.
- When you are indexed for highly relevant keywords, it will positively impact the amount of traffic and market share you will get on Amazon.
- You are either indexed for a keyword, or you are not indexed for a keyword. If you are indexed, then your product is in the results; however, if you are not indexed, then your product is not in the search results.
- Keywords should be Targeted and buyer-oriented. This means not just focusing on what words you would use to describe your product, but what words your ideal customer would use to describe your product,
How to find the right keywords for your Amazon product listings?To find keywords for your Amazon listings, you can use an Amazon SEO tool like
- Merchant Words (or)
- Helium 10.
- you have a brand-new listing
- when you don’t have any product data to lean on; you can learn from your competitors’ rankings.
- Your Title
- The Bullets
- Back End Search Terms
- The Structured Data
What is an Amazon product title?
- When users search for products on Amazon, the first thing they see is a heading that appears at the top of each product. This is the product title.
- A title tells people what your product is about. It gives a description of the product to help searchers figure out if that product is right for them.
- The title is where you put your most relevant keywords.
- This generally includes the brand name, product name, size, flavor, and words describing the product use.
- Titles should be brief but descriptive and avoid keyword stuffing. Keyword Relevancy: Relevant Listing of Keywords without stuffing in the title is important.
- Focus on user intent: When you’re optimizing your title, think about your audience.
- These are the people who will click on your listing and purchase your product. Consider the information that matters to them.
- Don’t include promotions in the title.
- Bullet points are meant for short, easily digestible pieces of information about a product.
- They should give the customer a snapshot of what the product is, what it does, and what is included for the price.
- Have brief but benefit-laden bullets for your products,(around 100-250 characters per bullet).
- Structured or other data- The fields available in the “more details” section of the listing is dependent on the subcategory for the product and because of many other reasons so it is vitally important that your product is in the appropriate subcategory.
- To create the best Title, keep it simple, and focus directly on describing different attributes of the product.
Our images are our salesforce- Product image optimization :Images are Emotional Recognition Tools. Before people even click on a product, they will look at the images.
So how to beat your competition?Then having high-quality images is necessary. Images help the customer decide if this product is the right product for them. The quality of your images can be the difference between your product ranking on page 1 or page 6 of an Amazon search query. So,
1. Brighten Your Main Image:Amazon has specific rules about your main image.
- Only Show the Product that too in Pure White and in Close Up.
- Amazon wants a particular type of white on the main images (RGB 255, 255, 255) with the intention that products look like they are floating in the interface.
- Your main image cannot have any text, props, borders, or items that show the scale of the product.
- It needs to be a photo of just the product you are selling.
- The product in the main image needs to take up 85% of the image as Images that are cropped loosely make your product appear small in the thumbnail shown in search and your ads., Which can decrease your click-through rate (CTR) for your ads as well as reduce the amount of organic traffic your listing receives.
2. Fill Every Slot:Customers need to get informed before they buy.
- Amazon gives most categories seven or more image slots. add as many images as you can.
- Make sure your most critical images are in the first 6-7 slots of your listing so they can be seen from the product detail page.
- you need a picture of the front, the back, and the packaging.
- Customers also need photos that show scale, use types, and functionality.
- Lifestyle images can also go a long way to help conversion.
- Infographic images in which you add callout text can be a powerful tool for conversion on Amazon.
3. How The Size Matters :
- Inconsistent image sizes make your products look less professional and can hurt your conversion rate.
- Your images are at least 1,000 pixels on the shortest side,
- Will be zoomable.
- The ratio for images on the product detail page is 1:1, or square.
- Amazon will adjust your image for the thumbnails that appear in search results and your ads.
- One of the easiest ways to make sure your customers are happy is to make sure there is not going to be a miscommunication on the size of your item.
The Hidden Boost – Backend keywords:Hidden keywords are 250 characters per field (up to five fields) that you can supply to Amazon to help boost discoverability in their search results pages.
- Hidden keywords are terms returned by Amazon after, for example, a sponsored product ad shows for an item, the ad is clicked on, and the product is purchased.
- Those details in the title and description are not what you’d want to use for hidden keywords – you want to use terms that would help someone find your product if they hadn’t searched for what you visibly provided on the page.
- However, one big difference is that these hidden keywords don’t hold relevancy or scores or rank the same way they do on Google – if you change them out regularly to keep up with incoming queries and impressions on Amazon, that’s a good thing.
Lead with the customer in mind: Pricing strategy:Wrong pricing, fake reviews, or just bad customer service can kill your Amazon adventure faster than you think.Your pricing strategy on Amazon must be dead simple and lead with the customer in mind. There are two different ways you need to be watching your pricing on Amazon. These are the item price and the total price.A slight change to anything from shipping charges to discounts can make a substantial change to your product’s Amazon rank.
So what are the best strategies for increasing your Amazon sales?
- Set your prices for Page One on Amazon. Keep your prices stable, with exceptions for building a sustainable presence on Amazon.
- Repricing is the most common strategy employed by Amazon retailers to match up to the competition. Either manually or through the use of automated repricing tools like RepricerExpress, you can adjust the price of your product to match the lowest amount at that time.
- Value-Based Pricing- your product’s price is an absolute parameter and should be determined solely by what your customers might want to pay.
- Getting to the Buy Box- When it comes to the Buy Box, price is not the only consideration. Indeed, you want to aim for the lowest existing fare at that point in time, but other factors also come into the picture.
- Reduce your shipping time, number of returns and replacements, and your cancellation rates by providing accurate descriptions.
Not Just Pricing!Changing your prices, or your strategy, to suit Amazon’s requirements is just one aspect of the business. All of it would come to nothing if you do not maintain strict control over your inventory. It is also one of the main contributing factors to a customer’s ultimate decision as to whether they ought to purchase from you or another seller. The Amazon A9 algorithm:Amazon now wears the crown by reigning supreme for finding the precise products that shoppers were searching for.While A9 shares some similarities with the search engine algorithms of more traditional portals like Google, the Amazon A9 algorithm is unique in a number of respects. Amazon is a search engine only for products, thereby excluding informational and navigational searches.The sole objective of the Amazon A9 algorithm is to aid consumers in finding the most relevant product for a given search. It is only about ranking products, it naturally places a strong emphasis on sales.
Amazon A9 algorithm ranks products based on
- Sales performance history,
- Text match relevancy,
- Customer feedback
- Product reviews
- Employment Fulfilled by Amazon
What makes a great Amazon product listing?
Follow Amazon SEO strategy:
- Get A “Amazon’s Choice” Batch For Your Product
- Make Your Customers Reorder Products From You
- Do Proper Keyword Research
- Optimize The Product Title
- Optimize Product Bullets
- Keep Track of Your Inventory
- Improve Your Sales Rank
- Optimize Backend Keywords
- Get FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) Badge
- Get More Reviews For Your Product
- Answer All Your Customer’s Questions
- Use High-Quality Product Images
- Keep A Competitive Price
- Category For Your Product
- Maintain a Quick Shipping Record
- Optimize Your ODR (Order Defect Rate)
- Optimize Your Product Bounce Rate and Exit Rate
- Win The Buy Box
- Use Amazon’s Parent-Child Functionality
Your goal :
- To generate as many sales as possible,
- Get authentic product reviews and
- Provide the best customer service to your Amazon customers!!!!!!!
- Follow the tips and choose relevant keywords to optimize your product listing. You might notice some positive movement in your Amazon rankings, but that doesn’t mean that you can rest easy.
- Just like traditional SEO, Amazon SEO is always changing so you will need to stay on top of your Amazon listings on Amazon. Keep optimizing and managing the elements of your listing that the Amazon A9 algorithm tracks.
- Maintenance will help you appear in the right searches and ultimately drive more traffic.