Why Conversational Marketing is Important For Your Business?Conversational marketing is a form of relational and digital marketing. It allows companies to build stronger and long-lasting relationships with their customers through automated, real-time conversations on social media or the company’s website. Email campaigns, FAQs, forms, and chatbots are perfect examples of conversational marketing tools. Conversational marketing is revolutionizing the way customers buy. At the core of conversational marketing is building relationships through dialogue with your customers. It is based on one-to-one interactions in real-time across multiple channels. It has become the go-to strategy
- For driving customer engagement,
- Improving customer experience, and
- Growing revenue.
- Live chat
- Video chat
- Multi-step forms
- Messenger Apps
- Interactive Ads
What is conversational messaging?
- Conversational marketing is closely related to conversational messaging. The former is the strategy, while the latter is the execution.
- Messaging experienced the biggest surge in popularity of any customer service communication channel over the last year.
- Most conversational marketing occurs through some sort of messaging channel — whether that’s webchat, in-app messaging, SMS/text, or social messaging apps like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp.
- “Conversational messaging is basically a way of meeting your customers right where they are,”.Whether they’re on your website, on your mobile app, or on social channels, if your customers try to get ahold of you, you’re available to them.”
What are conversational bots in marketing? The effortless star of your show:
- If you’re using messaging to do conversational marketing on your website, you’re going to need to collect data from each visitor in order to follow up with them and start a dialogue with them. And a chatbot is an easy way of helping to facilitate that.
- A chatbot is a good “first line of defense” for connecting with customers.
- You can program bots to answer a lead’s preliminary questions and gather their information.
- Eventually, if the lead says they want to speak with a sales rep, the bot can hand them off to one of your agents. The agent will be able to see the full interaction history, giving them the context they need to jump into the conversation.
- Visited webpages
- Abandoned carts
- Web browser
- Geolocation and the chosen language
- Help provide 24/7 lead generation and support
- Increase conversions by promoting your lead magnets
- Gather data and contact information
- Qualify your leads better
- Personalize your customer experience
Why is conversational marketing essential to your Business?
- To create human bonds with their customers: Having conversations with your website visitors helps you to learn more about their needs and pain points, and collect the information you need to qualify them further. Based on what they’re interested in and where they’re in their buyer’s journey, you’ll be able to adjust your communication, send them relevant, targeted messages and interact with them in a meaningful way.
- Convert leads: It helps in improved lead generation. Conversations not only help you convert leads but also qualify them for your sales when you’re asking the right questions at the right time.
- Move buyers through your sales funnel faster.
- Multiple channels of communication: These conversations happen by email, by phone, and more recently via a plethora of different tools such as social media, apps, and websites. By being present on various communication channels, companies can have an impact and attract people from multiple age groups and backgrounds.
- Instantaneity and interactivity: With the development of the internet and instant messaging, the demand for interactive services and spontaneous conversations have become more and more widespread. Customers like to get precise information quickly and it has become a requirement in order for businesses to grow customer relationships.
- The evolution of new technologies: Without the invention of new technologies and new ways of communicating (such as emails, text messages, social media, etc.), conversational marketing would not exist or would at least not be as widespread. Future evolutions in the sector of new technologies will most certainly develop conversational marketing and make it even more widespread.
When buyers want what they want now – How Do You (actually) Do Conversational Marketing?
Engage – It’s time to start engaging with buyers anytime they’re ready to start a conversation.Today, buyers can and want to engage with a business whenever and however they desire. They have less patience and less tolerance for mistakes. They want what they want right away. It could be learning about your product, getting a simple question answered, or purchasing your product – buyers want what they want now. They expect to receive an experience that’s simple and helpful, and they certainly don’t want to be blocked when trying to get answers. They want to be able to engage with your business on their terms no matter the medium – your website, email or messaging. By using a combination of real-time messaging and chatbots on your website, you can easily replace lead capture forms with conversations.
Understand – You can build more trust with buyers if you can help them better understand what you offer and how you can solve their needs.Buyers have more information at their fingertips than ever before. Buyers have been trained to seek out information and facts before they engage in a conversation with you. They might understand more about what you do, why you do it, and what you sell than even the salesperson. They understand how marketing and sales work today. They want to be treated like a human and not an email address that you’re trying to qualify for. The more shared understanding created between seller and buyer, the more trust you’ll create. Building and deepening the trust you develop with each buyer should be top of mind.
Recommend – Making the right recommendations can lead the buyer to become a customer.Buyers want honest and helpful recommendations. Recommendations and reviews from people have become a key part of the buying experience. Buyers turn to their networks of friends, family, and customers to learn if they should purchase your product. They don’t want to be oversold. They want the recommendation you share to be useful. No matter if that’s a video to watch, a piece of content to read, or the product they should purchase. Today buyers don’t tolerate mistakes or bad recommendations. The more helpful the recommendation, the more trust will be developed and the higher the chance the relationship you’ve built will last.
Conversational marketing strategy:
Target your conversational marketing tools: It starts with selecting the website pages where you want your conversations to take place. Leverage your pages based on where you receive the most traffic, and where you have high-intent visitors that are most likely to make a purchase.To optimize your results, place the chatbot on the pages that both get high levels of traffic and convert well.
Plan your conversation flow: It should be based on the strategy you’ve chosen and the phases of the customer journey of your website visitors.The number of questions and the type of things you should ask will vary according to the customer journey.
Keep it simple and casual: Try to keep your interactions simple in your planned conversation flows and at all stages of the customer journey. Making it too complicated can lead to drop-offs and misunderstandings.
Greet and guide visitors: Your bot can open as a pop-up to welcome and greet first-time visitors when they arrive on your website. And, when they’ve shared their contact information and become regular visitors, you can continue to welcome them with a more personalized message based on the information you’ve gathered on their path while on your site.
Educate with lead magnets: People who are in the awareness stage of their customer journey and looking to educate themselves when they land on your site will be pleasantly surprised if your chatbot provides them content on a topic they’re interested in. At the same time, you can capture a new lead as your bot collects your visitor’s contact information.
Promote your offering and demos: Some of your visitors may have a problem when they come to your website, and they know that your company offers a solution to this problem. That is a great opportunity to use your bot to find out what the problem is and to promote your products or services and guide the visitors to your offering.
Ask for feedback: And lastly, don’t forget to use your bot to take the opportunity to ask for feedback from your customers and prospects whenever having a conversation with them.
Benefits of conversational marketing:
- You create a more human buying experience: Improve your customer experience: conversational commerce has the power to help improve the checkout journey, site navigation, and overall customer experience. You learn a lot about your buyers and customers. Increase engagement and interaction: Conversational commerce helps make your brand more accessible to consumers, by expanding your channel mix. This makes it easier for customers to reach you and interact with your brand.
- You convert more leads and better leads. You shorten your sales cycle.
- You grow your sales pipeline and boost your online sales: Conversational commerce provides the possibility to grow your business and increase online sales by helping up-sell and cross-sell products. At the same time, it can help automate parts of your customer service, helping drive your costs down.
- WPForms Conversational Forms Addon
- Facebook Messenger Bot
- Chatfuel-Chatfuel is a plugin that helps you build bots for Facebook Messenger. However, it doesn’t work with other platforms (like WordPress).
- Botfuel: Botfuel is a platform that lets you build and manage conversational Chatbots based on info in your database.
- Drift: Drift makes it easier for people to buy from your business by using conversations. So when you connect Drift’s conversational marketing platform to your site, you can get more qualified leads using bots. And bots also help book meetings with your team members.
- Other conversational marketing tools that are enterprise-friendly include, Hubspot, Intercom, Conversica, Siftrock, ManyChat.